Sunday, October 6, 2013

Why Didn't I Learn to Play an Instrument??? (Ugh)

The orchestral concert was really cool. I was super excited to see the students perform from the very start, since I've never attended an orchestral concert before and they blew me away! We've got some very talented musicians at IC.

My favorite part of the concert was when the female bassoonist played her solo. She was wearing a jet-black leather dress with leggings underneath and matching black sleeves. And she had BLUE HAIR. She looked like a superhero!! First, she walked to the center of the stage like she owned the place; then she played her solo on the bassoon with the orchestra accompanying her. She killed it! And I loved seeing how into it she was when she shook her head back and forth during the fast parts or slowly swayed during the slow parts.

Yay Creativity and the Arts!!!
The concert made me wish I had learned to play violin, viola, or cello back in the third grade with the rest of my class (those were our three options). I had no interest whatsoever. I liked pop music, and I only listened to Top 40 radio stations. My third grade brain thought that the violin could only play classical music, and I just wanted to listen to songs I could sing in the shower. 

Now that I'm doing radio at WICB and taking an audio class, I wish I knew how to play an instrument (any instrument) more than ever. I asked my audio teacher if knowing how to use Pro Tools (which is an audio editing software) would make me a musician. She said yes, but I still don't know how to use it... It's a work in progress.

And now here's a poorly shot video of that kick ass bassoonist/superhero: 





No comments:

Post a Comment